November 11, 2011

this I hunger

I hunger for a day when all of this is a distant memory
when I can look back in my rearview mirror and hardly see the remnants

I hunger for a day when my mind and heart beat at the same rhythm
when my mind does not play tricky games and my heart rules my head

I hunger for the meal without numbers, don't we all?
Only vitamins, nutrients, smells, tastes, life.

I hunger for the moment when everything aligns
and all I am living for and working for has definite meaning, without-a-doubt

I hunger for the year, the full year completely devoid of disorder
when I see, feel, listen, smell more clearly than ever before

I hunger for the week when I am not reminded of those times
those times when it was hard to breathe, those times I was scared

I hunger for the moment when I can tell someone else,
healing is possible. Don't lose hope just yet. Hang on, oh please hang on.

I hunger for the day I can help, help and not be helped
because I will be strong, wise, victorious and insightful

I hunger for the afternoon when I am tired,
I am tired and I listen, I listen and I realize, I realize and I allow rest

I hunger for the month when the only numbers in my head are rent and electric bills
one woman's burden is another woman's relief, in perspective


I hunger for the week I can escape reality completely and just go
to be intuitive, in the moment, thinking about nothing else, belonging no where else
but here, now


I hunger for the holiday that doesn't have calories and sugar
the holiday that only has fellowship, home, sweet, family.

I hunger for the day when I can read for two hours and be completely
completely and entirely focused, engaged, just two hours.

I hunger for the day when I can share my story
because it is in hindsight now I can see, I can reflect, I can embrace, I can identify.

I hunger for a day when I know what hunger means,
when it isn't that strange to say... hunger.

hunger (v): a strong desire or craving.

this I desire,
C


5 comments:

  1. I feel like I always merely say, "I love this," but I do...

    I find, "I hunger for the year, the full year completely devoid of disorder
    when I see, feel, listen, smell more clearly than ever before" especially relate-able at the moment. I hunger for a life full of living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really great. Thanks.
    I hunger for a day when a good meal will make me feel happy and content and that's ALL that runs through my head.
    When I know what hunger means outside of guilt and full means outside of discomfort.
    We'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hunger for the day when I can look in a mirror and only see myself, as I truly am.
    Not a reflection that makes me feel like I'm less than everyone else.

    ... Thank you for this post, it felt good to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so very much, I am so thankful for women dedicated to this journey alongside me. Thank you for reading and all of the encouragement. Keep going strong and looking forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Chloe! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete