October 12, 2011

five years.


Do you know the days when you just
know
that five years down the road... you're going to be alright.
Not just alright, you're going to be healthy.
Not just healthy, you're going to be happy.
You're going to be free.
You're going to be at peace.

I've had that feeling a lot lately,
so much a part of me wants to rush right through these
years and get to those times of freedom.
In reality I know that things will never be perfect,
and I will always have to be on guard against
the ED, the terrible friend.

But, you know, in five years...
I will be thankful that I didn't rush right on through
the healing.
I'll be grateful that I took the steps, 
I did the work,
I felt the pain, I cried the tears,
I yelled for help, I dug deep within,
I fell and I got back up.
Because in five years I will be able to say,
I did it. I conquered this thing. 
and now here I am.

Life will never be void of failures,
tears, worries, mess ups, let downs, start overs,
broken hearts, lost jobs, anxiety and fear.
But I can choose to let them not win.

"She is going places,
She just doesn't know where or when yet"
...but in five years you'll see.

you'll see,
C

2 comments:

  1. yes.

    i love you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you too M,

    you are a perfect example of what five years can do :)

    ReplyDelete